lauantai 26. huhtikuuta 2014

Last breath (by Severi)

After the Easter holidays we began our last week at work and I had pretty much given up on the hope of getting to properly work with the cameras. Therefore I was really surprised when I came to work on tuesday and the camera-men came to me, saying that they needed our help, there was a camera without an operator on a childrens quiz-show. Seeing that we would shoot two episodes of the show at the same day, we took turns with Miko - he did the first episode and I did the second. The work itself wasn’t that challenging though. We were to keep a half shot of the host, until the end, when one of the kids would come up to the host with a piece of paper - then we should change into a two-shot. Even though the work wasn’t that difficult, I was pleased to actually getting to do something.
Set for childrens quiz show
Quiz!!!

On wednesday we got back to the basics as we filmed an episode of Dobra Ura, the daily afternoon-show. Once again we took turns with Mike, one of us following from the side while the other was working. Could’ve been worse, could’ve been better. And the came thursday. Finally we got an interesting gig ahead of us. In Kino Šiška, a great local venue that hosts a lot of impressive concerts, there would be a memorial concert for Tomaž Pengov, a well known and loved Slovenian singer/songwriter who had passed away a month earlier. We were to work on the FoH, or safety-camera in the back. The director gave us a really simple instructions for our work - we should always find a shot that could be in a cover of a magazine - keep at it ‘till he had used it and then search for another one. Simple and effective. We were even given the freedom to be as artistic as we wanted. I think it’s useless to say that it was the most enjoyable day with Slovenian RTV.
 Picture from camera
Another picture from camera
During our last day at work we did 2 episodes of Midnight Club, once again taking turns on the camera, just taking a half-shot of the host. It might not have been much, but at least on the final week we were working everyday with cameras. So even though our internship has already come to an end, I’m satisfied. I feel I’ve learned a lot on this trip - maybe not the professionals aspects that I came here to learn, but instead lessons about the world, the life and about myself. While being here, I might have even found myself a project that will keep me busy for years to come. And that’s more than I ever dared to expect from this journey.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti